Since we are going to be spending some time together over the next little while – and hopefully longer – I thought I would take this opportunity to let you get to know me a little better.
I proudly present my 21 Things You Should Know About Keith – Movie Version (21 … because it’s my favourite number)
1. I see at least 3 movies per week in the theatre.
2. I don’t always have popcorn but when I do it’s usually a medium. (Small isn’t enough and I never finish a large)
3. My favourite movie of all time is ‘Heat’ with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro.
4. I got to meet the director of ‘Heat’, Michael Mann, at TIFF and I asked a question about the film during his Q&A, which he referenced at least three times for questions from audience members that followed.
5. The most times I have seen the same movie in a theatre is 10 times for ‘McFarland’ starring Kevin Costner. I cried every time.
6. The second most is 9 times and the movie was ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
7. When ‘The A-Team’ was made into a movie I saw it 4 times in one day.
8. The most movies I have seen in a day at the theatre is 5. I have done that the last two years at The Toronto International Film Festival.
9. I fell asleep during ‘Get Carter’ and my friend woke me up and said ‘If I have to suffer through this movie, so do you.’
10. My favourite spot in which to sit at a non-TIFF screening is halfway up in the middle.
11. I have a lot of scene points (and I mean a lot) but very rarely redeem them.
12. There are several movies I haven’t seen that might surprise you. They include ‘Pretty Woman’, ‘Schindler’s List’, and ‘Braveheart’
13. My love of ‘The Godfather’ partially inspired me to learn Italian.
14. ‘Beverly Hills Cop 2’ is one of many movies I can recite line by line.
15. I learned to recite Al Pacino’s final speech in ‘The Scent of a Woman’ (the one in front of the school) to pass the time during a previous part time job.
16. I have no problem going to movies alone as I used to have a night job and would see a lot of matinees.
17. I have never walked out on a movie.
18. My favourite actor is Denzel Washington.
19. My favourite actress is Jessica Chastain.
20. Five days is the longest time between me going to a movie theatre in the last 4 years.
21. I actually think asking someone to a movie is a bad first date idea….you can’t talk during a movie.